Sunday 21 February 2016

My Sunday Photo 21st February - sunrise over the Fort


The story of why I have this photo is extremely funny. K sold some Pandora charms on eBay and agreed to drop them to the buyer at their home late one evening. She was a little nervous, so I agreed to go with her. It was really dark by the time we arrived at the house and I said I'd 'do the deal', so I get out of the car, walk up to the house and see a woman in her dressing gown open her kitchen window and look at me cautiously. 'You got the charms?', I imagined her saying, to which I'd reply 'you got the money?', like some bizarre, middle-class drug deal. Anyway, she was pleasant enough, the 'deal' went without a hitch, with no PoPo in sight.

Cut to a few days later and Kelly has sold some more charms to the same woman. This time she asks us to meet her at the Fort Shopping Centre at 8am one morning. Sure enough, there she is, waiting for us outside W H Smiths. This time Kelly comes with me and does all the talking, so I'm just stood slightly behind her like an enforcer, or something. The woman hands over the money, we say our thanks and head to Starbucks to grab a latte (something I bet no drug-dealer ever did right after a deal) when Kelly notices the lady has shortchanged us. The woman has made it almost across the car park at this point, so I give chase and flag her down. She is understandably embarrassed and checks her pockets, handing over the missing cash. Once again I thank her and walk away. As I'm walking back to Starbucks, cringing at how embarrassing the whole situation has been, I see the sun cresting over the top of the shops and felt compelled to take this picture.

Kelly, who had been watching the entire ordeal from the warmth and safety of Starbucks and providing a running commentary with one of the Baristas, couldn't stop laughing at how dodgy the sight of me running across a car park, in my long coat and leather gloves, after a woman must look to anyone observing, and has taken to calling my gloves 'come strangle me gloves'...nice.

Anyway, I promise no one was harmed in the taking of this photo...

#MySundayPhoto
Share:

6 comments

  1. That's a beautiful photo, great story too

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol what a fantastic story to go with such a lovely picture. Xx #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol what a fantastic story to go with such a lovely picture. Xx #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the story and what a beautiful sunrise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha nice story and amazing shot =) #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete

© The Working Dad | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig